Thứ Sáu, 24 tháng 6, 2011

When Life Treats Me Too Fairly


The expression of today: "What the hell!". That's exactly what I felt like when I heard the news. The camp that I had been waiting for got cancelled due to several organization issues. I heard this news just several hours after I received the email from the US General Consulate informing that my request for an early visa interview was denied. So, no visa, which means, I can't purchase any flight ticket until mid-July when price gets so much crazier. Then, the plan to go to the camp and the visa interview forced me to postpone the family trip to my most favorite city in Vietnam. Haha, it just seems like, the weekend that I expected to have so much fun just turned me down like a sinister betrayal of hope.


It's even funnier when I look back at what happened yesterday: I had such a fun day with my best friend watching sun rise at the beach in the early dawn and watching movie together in the afternoon; two close friends since middle school secretly gave me a surprise after we hadn't met for a year; I was able to download the two albums of Kings of Convenience, whose music drove me extremely happy; etc.

What is it that makes today so different from yesterday? Why can't today, a new day of life, be just as nice as yesterday? Why does it have to be that when I have already overjoyed myself in one day, I have to face disastrous events on the day after? I keep wondering. I am more than certain that, if my life would have been just a plain straight line (which I would not exactly want it to happen) in which either good things happen all the time or bad things occur everyday, I wouldn't have felt so bitter today. It's when these comparisons and contrasts between the days in my life are made that the situations start to get even worse, I believe so.

Well, I guess life treats me too fairly. Maybe I should just learn one fact of life, that if I'm happy in one day, I should be made to be sad another day. The only solution now is to listen to Kings of Convenience, calm myself down and try to make sense to myself that, today is so bad because life wants to give me a better day tomorrow.

The miracle of hope.

Just suddenly found this funny picture taken several years ago - when life still hasn't become so complicated.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét