Chủ Nhật, 5 tháng 6, 2011

Right before we left it there...

"Region, region" - the girl screamed out loud in the midst of a busy airport, with tears bursting out from her already-watery eyes.


I turned around, my nerves subconsciously forced my heart to beat with an incredible speed, as I was hoping that I hadn't just imagined the voice calling me out of nostalgia. 


Then I saw her, my little Indonesian princess.


Hehe, maybe it's time to stop being so dramatic. Actually I was just looking at the pictures I took since Graduation, and I suddenly found the picture of only me and Titan at the Los Angeles airport. I just realized that Titan was actually the last UWC person that I saw before I got home, ending my two-year journey at the most wonderful place on Earth.

Eating ice-creams in the airport

That day, we said good-bye before we flew out of New Mexico. The situation that day was rather ironic, we both were heading towards Los Angeles Airport, yet we had to take two different flights with only... 10 minutes difference. At the time, I really wondered why life had to create those unnecessary separations, since being together for another 2 hours on the plane should have been so valuable to us, the people who would enjoy the last UWC moment to every split of a second. Later on, when we finally met again in the Los Angeles airport, experiencing how happy we were made me realize why that separation existed in the first place. It was said in a movie:

"The longer you wait, the happier you will be when you meet again"

And this was absolutely true. Now, I'm rather thankful for that ironic situation, and it convinced me that everything in this life does exist for a reason.


I scream "Ice-cream".

We sat ourselves down in a tiny restaurant in Los Angeles airport. Even though the sign said so, it was not exactly a restaurant. There wasn't any food really, and that's why we had ice-cream instead (and even ice-cream was expensive). After ordering our ice-creams, we had another hour before we departed for our homes. 

"I didn't win the contest Vuvu, the blogging contest"
"Well, you won it once, what else do you want?"
"But I didn't win it this time Vuvu."
"Winning once is at least better than not ever winning at all."

That was the kind of conversation we had for the last hour. All random stuffs, no more tears, no more UWC, no more emotional talk about whether we will be able to keep in touch in future. I guess since that moment, we already tried to move forward and learn to adapt to what would happen when we no longer stayed together. I bet it made me feel much better than how I would have felt if we had talked about anything else. 


Titan writing in my "yearbook" pages

Nice handwriting :P (Almost as good as mine xD)
We left soon after for our flights which were again, only 30 minutes apart even though we both were heading for Asia. What was worse, our gates were right next to each other, and that fact just irritated me so much. Sometimes we crazily thought of exchanging one of our tickets to another passenger for us to be on the same flight. We thought so before we realized it was just as crazy as our attempt to stay together any longer. The time eventually came, and we finally said goodbye. I was confused, so confused at that time. Yet I know one thing: the farewell was short. 

It was only 5 minutes, 3 hugs, 10 good-byes and one huge desire to meet again.

Region, I wrote this because I suddenly missed you :(


---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A boring summer day
Vietnam, June 6th 2011



2 nhận xét:

  1. See you in winter break.

    That was the first sentence that came out after I finished reading this. You were the last UWC person I met before arriving home, too. I was so sad, but once I saw your face again via Skype when I was waiting for the last flight in Hong Kong, I finally realized: it is not as bad as I thought. We still can talk, communicate and see each other's face.

    Keep in touch, and I miss you. You promised me to go to Mexico. See you there.

    Trả lờiXóa